Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On this and that

This past week I received a package of woods from Figurewoods in Delaware. A nice selection and more work to be done. Also spent some time in the shop cutting up some blocks for blanks. Pictures illustrate Siberian Crab wet and dry cut, Silver Poplar, Mayday (Prunus padus), and mango from the root of a mango tree in Cuba. I cut the blocks into 1" and 3/4" squares with lengths somewhat variable. Now to wait for them to dry. Also had done some caragana earlier. There are about 3 shoe boxes and then some done. I am going looking for other trees to cut as well.
Also had a good visit with a fellow pen turner and acquaintance from near Prince Albert, SK. He had brought along some of his work and I was very impressed. Mostly cut from Deer, elk and moose antlers and then turned to a very nice finish. I forgot to ask if I could take some pictures for my blog!

No comments: